Login | Register
Home      Registry      Forums      Members      Gallery      Calendar      Links      About Us      Contact      Donate
Legend Lime Forums Community Forums 2005/2006 Mustangs
How hard is it to switch a v6 auto to v8 manual?

Keywords:
Page 1 of 1 [1]

8-27-2018 9:49 PM #1
How2Dennis

How hard is it to switch a v6 auto to v8 manual?
Hi all.

This isn't something I'm gonna do anytime soon, but I plan on keeping my car for as long as possible. I have a 2005 mustang v6 auto with 96k miles, but I was wondering if its possible or even worth it to swap the engine and tranny for a v8 and manual once the car gets older. I think it'll be hard to find another legend lime gt manual in good condition a few years from now. I would love to have a manual gt someday, but I'm gonna wait until I finish college and everything. I do love my car the way it is now, but I'm just speculating for the future if I should swap in a v8/manual if the v6/auto goes under later on.

Any thoughts if I should do the swap later or just trade in for the right car? Thanks!

Email How2Dennis: denniscampanellajr@gmail.com

9-6-2018 1:23 PM #2
knox82

It's gonna be expensive.
Email knox82: wavethreader82@gmail.com

9-8-2018 9:12 PM #3
Ripstang

It's best to wait and see if you can get a GT stick.
A lot of work will be involved doing the cross over including wiring, not to mention possible rear end change out.

Save those pennies and keep looking!

Legendary Limer #197  

Lime Jenny :2005 Ford Mustang GT / Dark charcoal Interior /Interior upgrade package /leather seats /5speed std/Bullits/Seat side airbags/Active anti-theft with global windows /Locking Lugs/Skippy 500 radio.
Ford Acc: Car Cover /Knockoff Spinners/Ash cup (for Canadian Coins)/Pony mats/Mud Flaps /Seat belt extenders.
Mods: Web Electronics sequential tail lights  /Staticly Ballanced rims/07 Ford Plentum Cover/LLoyds mats trunk mat.
One of 2072 lime 2005 GT's,
One of 504 manual,darkcharcoal interiored,bullit 5 spoke rimed GT lime 2005 mustangs

Email Ripstang: chillaby@mts.net

Page 1 of 1 [1]

Home | Registry | Forums | Gallery | Calendar | Links | About Us | Contact | Donate
Copyright 2005 LegendLimeRegistry.com All Rights Reserved.