Login | Register
Home      Registry      Forums      Members      Gallery      Calendar      Links      About Us      Contact      Donate
Legend Lime Forums Tech Forums Product Reviews
Anyone using a aftermarket bluetooth/hands free unit?

Keywords:
Page 1 of 1 [1]

6-6-2011 12:02 PM #1
mortimer

Anyone using a aftermarket bluetooth/hands free unit?
I am looking to install a handfree unit. Being a 5 speed and as much time as my wife spends on the phone I want to make it a bit safer while she is one the road. I have tried to get her to use the ear piece but she does not like it so now I need a unit wired into the car.

Any one using a unit, what are you using and where do you have it located in the car?

As always any suggestions, help etc is appreciated.

Post last edited by mortimer on 6-6-2011 12:03 PM
Email mortimer: cdengland@cox.net

6-7-2011 12:39 AM #2
DRG3824

When you find out please let me know too. I drive a tractor trailer all day and i need something. My ear piece just pooped out for good last week. It was a Motorola H350. Pretty good piece. I got 5 years out of a 3 year warranty. Gonna get another ear piece too.
Email DRG3824: drg3824@yahoo.com Yahoo Name: drg3824

6-7-2011 2:02 AM #3
LillyLimeGT

Originally posted by mortimer
I am looking to install a handfree unit. Being a 5 speed and as much time as my wife spends on the phone I want to make it a bit safer while she is one the road. I have tried to get her to use the ear piece but she does not like it so now I need a unit wired into the car.

Any one using a unit, what are you using and where do you have it located in the car?

what happened to that one thing we talked about before? i can't think of the name right now.

Order Date 11/08 - Build Week 12/13  - Delivered 12/28 - Lilly Lime GT Deluxe  - 5sp Manual - Active Anti Theft  - Spoiler Delete - LEGENDARY LIMER 0033
Email LillyLimeGT: fedxman1971@yahoo.com Yahoo Name: fedxman1971

6-8-2011 1:27 AM #4
mortimer

Originally posted by lillylimegt
Originally posted by mortimer

what happened to that one thing we talked about before? i can't think of the name right now.

I am still looking at the Parrot CK3000 or the CK 3100. Was wondering if anyone else was using them or something different. In the stang I am wanting it blend in yet be easy to use. The the one with the caller ID screen is too big for the stang I think. The install dude wanted to mount it in the center between the two AC vents. He could not see why I did not like it there. SO I am thinking the smaller version w/out the screen maybe the way I go.

Post last edited by mortimer on 6-8-2011 1:28 AM
Email mortimer: cdengland@cox.net

6-25-2014 7:44 PM #5
mot250

I know this is an old thread.  Has anyone tried any of the available Bluetooth kits?  

I saw a similarly old thread on a different Mustang forum about a kit that installs the push-button controller in place of the dash mounted 12V power outlet.  Makes it look pretty much like a factory install.  It was not plug & play, however and required some contact with the supplier and a third party harness adapter manufacturer.  Even that adapter harness needed to be tweaked for the "Shaker 500" as, it seems, none of the kits and adapter harnesses had been designed specifically for the Ford shaker systems.

Anywhoo, I have ordered this kit (link at bottom) and an adapter harness.  I'll provide additional details as I receive the system and attempt to wire it in.

If I read the write-ups on the other Forum site correctly, following manufacturer's instructions on an 06 GT with a Shaker 500 will result in the Mute feature not working.  But the poster there indicated that with assistance of one or more of the suppliers, it was identified that the wire in the kits that is supposed to control the Mute feature needs to be cut and wired directly into a specific position on the Ford factory harness.  After that, everything worked as it was supposed to.

http://hfvt.us/content/page/catalog_product/id/1204/AV_AUXKP.html

Post last edited by mot250 on 6-25-2014 7:45 PM

2006 Legend Lime Mustang GT(LLR# 178)/Manual Trans/some mods
1967 Lime Gold Galaxie 500 XL/390 4bbl/Toploader/stock
1966 Mustang Coupe/bare metal (rebuild in process-slowly)/engine&trans TBD

7-1-2014 3:05 PM #6
ledrummer326

I installed the Pioneer FH-X700BT and i put the Bluetooth Mic in the top DS corner of the windshield, it simply has a clip to mount it and a very long wire, haven't had any problems with it yet works great!

heres a link to it:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130X700B...BT.html?tp=5684

Email ledrummer326: ledrummer@yahoo.com

7-2-2014 11:17 PM #7
Ronnie06LLGT

I am installing the Pioneer AVIC6000NEX next week. Pretty much plug and play for the shaker 500 replacement.

Lil' Cindy is LLR #0696

Home Club: Medicine Hat Mustang Club.

https://www.facebook.com/ron.wendling?...ing?ref=tn_tnmn

2006 GT Vert, Premium with charcoal leather(no side air-bags), Interior Upgrade Package, 17" Premium wheels, Active Anti-theft - 1 of 68.

She was conceived Aug 2, 2005 (ordered), born Sep 13, 2005 and taken home Oct 25, 2005.

Since then, has undergone many performance, handling and apperance mods. (see my registry for details   http://www.legendlimeregistry.com/reg...dex.cgi?id=756)

When life throws you limes...drive one!

Email Ronnie06LLGT: rvwendling@yahoo.ca

Page 1 of 1 [1]

Home | Registry | Forums | Gallery | Calendar | Links | About Us | Contact | Donate
Copyright 2005 LegendLimeRegistry.com All Rights Reserved.